Entrepreneurship on Line

Aiming for skilled entrepreneurs.

Friday, March 27, 2009

The E-Myth

Michael Gerber's The E-Myth Revisited; Why most Small Business Don't Work and What to Do About It (New York: Harper Collins, 1995) is for me basic reading on entrepreneurship and starting businesses. I recommend it to all my mentees.

I'm going to lay out Gerber's ideas for the next few posts because I believe that it is helpful to the entrepreneur in developing business and winning sales. In the Foreward (p. xi), Gerber quote Carlos Castenada:
Don Juan said in Tales of Power that 'The basic difference between an ordinary man and a warrior is that a warrior takes everything as a challenge while an ordinary may takes everything either as a blessing or a curse.'
Be a warrior. Go out and get Gerber's book. It's probably on the business shelf of your local bookstore or you can order it through Amazon.com. You can probably get a used copy now for not much through an aggregator. But get this book. Don't get some of the spin-offs which are titled the E-Myth for... They're not what you should read. They're just more of the same.

Are you interested in this? I'd like to know. Post a comment.

Entrepreneurship informs all of my professional activities. Entrepreneurial ideas are their life's blood. For my ideas on entrepreneurial real estate go to www.yourstopforrealestate.com/blog and for my ideas on writing and publishing, go to www.kearneymusicschoolmurders.blogspot.com

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home