Entrepreneurship on Line

Aiming for skilled entrepreneurs.

Monday, July 13, 2009

Steven Covey: Importance of Trust

I can't say enough about the importance of trust and of acting in a trustful way in our dealings with others.

On pp. 1-2 of his terrific book, The Speed of Trust New York, Free Press, 2006), Steven M. R. Covey says:
There is one thing that is common to every individual, relationship, team, family, organization, nation, economy, and civilization throughout the world--one thing which if removed, will destroy the most powerful government, the most thriving economy, the most influential leadership, the greatest friendship, the strongest character, the deepest love.

On the other hand, if developed and leveraged, that one thing has the potential to create unparalleled success and prosperity in every dimension of life. Yet, it is the least understood, most neglected, and most underestimated possibility of our time.

That one thing is trust.

Trust impacts us 24/7, 365 days a year. It undergrids and affects the quality of every relationship, every communication, every work project, every business venture, every effort in which we are engaged. It changes the quality of every present moment and alters the trajectory and outcome of every future moment of our lives--both personally and professionally.
I cannot recommend Covey's work more highly.

What do you think of this? The goal is to produce more, skilled entrepreneurs. Is this helpful? Post a comment. I'd like to know. And follow me on Twitter.com.

Entrepreneurship is the life's blood of all my professional activities. It makes them go. It informs my connection strategy. For my ideas on connection strategy, go to my new blog www.Connecting.blogspot.com.

It makes my Your Stop for Real Estate , my real estate referral business go. See www.yourstopforrealestate.blogspot.com.

It makes my writing go. For my ideas on writing go to www.kearneymusicschoolmurders.blogspot.com where you can read my mystery for free, download it for free or buy it from Amazon.com more cheaply than you can copy it.

It makes my new publishing enterprise, By and for Writers go. See www.byandforwriters.blogspot.com where you can get a poem or a short story published.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home