Entrepreneurship on Line

Aiming for skilled entrepreneurs.

Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Trust and the Global Economy

Finally, on p. 2, Covey makes a point that's really in tune with the way the world economy is developing:
The ability to establish, grow, extend, and restore trust is not only vital to our personal and interpersonal well-being; it is the key leadership competency of the new global economy.
This is absolutely true. How do you trust to work with someone you don't know?

I'm considering collaborating with a software developer in England. People I trust know people who trust him. He looks fine as far as I can tell on paper. We've emailed a lot, and he seems on the up and up.

But do you really know anyone? There is example after example of people you thought you knew who were leading lives you never imagined. How do we extend trust to people you've never met. I've resolved that before we work together, I have to meet him in his environs.

But if we are to connect and collaborate, we have to trust. Simple as that. And trust is one thing these days that's in short supply.

Entrepreneurship is the life's blood of all my professional activities. It makes them go. It informs my connection strategy. For my ideas on connection strategy, go to my new blog www.Connecting.blogspot.com.

It makes my Your Stop for Real Estate , my real estate referral business go. See www.yourstopforrealestate.blogspot.com.

It makes my writing go. For my ideas on writing go to www.kearneymusicschoolmurders.blogspot.com where you can read my mystery for free, download it for free or buy it from Amazon.com more cheaply than you can copy it.

It makes my new publishing enterprise, By and for Writers go. See www.byandforwriters.blogspot.com where you can get a poem or a short story published.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home