Entrepreneurship on Line

Aiming for skilled entrepreneurs.

Sunday, February 27, 2011

Selling my car, part II

(Continued from yesterday.)

I had a couple of options. I could sell it to a dealer. I took it out there and he looked at me down his nose and had a mechanic look at it and offered me almost nothing for it. I said thank you very much don't call me I'll call you.

I talked to a friend who said I should sell it on Craig's list and that he would do it for me for no charge. I said fine and waited for him to do something.

Meanwhile a friend called and said she was looking to buy a car. I told her I was trying to sell mine but she said she wanted a new car.

Two weeks or so later she called and asked if mine was still for sale and how much I wanted for it. She offered me less but enough and I said I would sell it to her but didn't she want to test drive it. (I had told her I'd just had it inspected, which I had) She said no problem she'd be in with the check.

I probably could have got more on Craig's list but I wanted to get rid of it right away. I took the money and put it in the bank. Turns out it helped me get clear of my debt left over from RE.

Converting an under-used asset helped me immensely in getting financially stable.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home