Entrepreneurship on Line

Aiming for skilled entrepreneurs.

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

What is an Entrepreneur?

Someone asked me if I'm an entrepreneur. I was hardpressed to answer. What is an entrepreneur? I mean I have a nifty answer, as I've said here, but what is that really? And how do you differential real entrepreneurs from others that start businesses. And if an entrepreneur is someone who undertakes an enterprise in an atmosphere of uncertainty and risk, what about others who do things which have risk. Are they entrepreneurs, too?

Well, folks, I don't really care. The question is only interesting as a conversation starter. What's important is what you have in side you. If you want to go to work and only do what you're told or 9 hours a day, you're definitely NOT an entrepreneur. But if you strike out on your own, want to toil in your own garden rather than somebody else's, and if you don't toil in your own garden, you are toiling in somebody else's, you are an entrepreneur. Or you may not be. But it's what you want to do and what's driving you is what's important.

What do you think of this? The goal is to produce more skilled entrepreneurs. Does this help? Tell me. Post a comment. I'd like to know.

Entrepreneurship informs all of my professional activities. Entrepreneurial ideas are their life's blood. For my ideas on entrepreneurial real estate go to www.yourstopforrealestate.com/blog and for my ideas on writing and publishing, go to www.kearneymusicschoolmurders.blogspot.com.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home