Entrepreneurship on Line

Aiming for skilled entrepreneurs.

Monday, November 9, 2009

Fifth Dimension of Capability: Style

Covey, in The Speed of Trust. The One Thing That Changes Everything (New York: Free Press, 2006), says: "Style represents our unique approach and personality." [p. 94]

Writers call this our voice. It's all the things that make us, us. It's what gets people reading. It's what keeps people reading. In entrepreneurship, we have a voice too. It's what gets people buying our stuff and buying into our vision. It can also be known as our brand or our reputation.

Here are the questions Covey would have us ask us about our style:
How effective is my current style in approaching problems and opportunities and interacting with others? Does my approach facilitate or get in the way of accomplishing what needs to be done? What can I do to improve the way in which I do things?(p.100)
Again, if you aren't sure, or even if you are to get an outside opinion, see what others think.

Also think back to the times when you didn't get what you wanted. Try to see what the reason for that might have been. Was it related to your style? And how should that have been different? You'll never know for sure, but you can at least use the exercise to help you think about your style.

My goal here is to bring out more skilled entrepreneurs. How am I doing?

Entrepreneurship is the life's blood of all my professional activities. It makes them go. It informs my connection strategy. For my ideas on connection strategy, go to my new blog www.Connecting.blogspot.com.

It makes Your Stop for Real Estate, my real estate referral business, go. See www.yourstopforrealestate.blogspot.com.

It powers my writing. Go to www.kearneymusicschoolmurders.blogspot.com for my ideas on writing and where you can read my mystery for free, download it for free or buy it from Amazon.com more cheaply than you can print it.

It fuels my publishing enterprise, By and for Writersgo. See www.byandforwriters.blogspot.com where you can get a poem or a short story published.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home