Entrepreneurship on Line

Aiming for skilled entrepreneurs.

Saturday, May 2, 2009

Gerber's Business Development Program: Step 1, your primary aim

Gerber, pp. 139 to 140, lays out the questions he thinks you should be asking before you start your business. Here they are:
1. How do I wish my life to look like?

2. How do I wish my life to be on a day-to-day basis?

3. What would I like to be be able to say I truly know in my life, about my life?

4. How would I like to be with other people in my life--my family, my friends, my business associates, my customers, my employees, my community?

5. What would I like to be doing two years from now? Ten years from now? Twenty years from now? When my life comes to a close?

6. What specifically would I like to learn during my life--spiritually, physically, financially, technically, intellectually? About relationships?

7. How much money will I need to do the things I wish to do? When will I need it? .
These are just a few of the questions. You remember our values clarification from Todd Duncan's Killing the Sale? This goes along with that.

If we don't have clarity at the beginning, where will we be? All the orchestration, innovation, and quantification in the world won't help us.

But if we pay attention to our core mission and these other things, we'll start out farther down the road.

What do you think of this? The goal is to produce more skilled entrepreneurs. Does this help? Tell me. Post a comment. I'd like to know. And follow me on Twitter.com

Entrepreneurship informs all of my professional activities. Entrepreneurial ideas are their life's blood. For my ideas on entrepreneurial real estate go to www.yourstopforrealestate.com/blog and for my ideas on writing and publishing, go to www.kearneymusicschoolmurders.blogspot.com.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home