Entrepreneurship on Line

Aiming for skilled entrepreneurs.

Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Covey on Behavior Shifts

Covey (2006, p. 130) talks about behavior shifts: "shifts in doing that actually change the way you do and think."

It used to be thought that before you can bring about behavior change, you had to change the way people think. You know, win the hearts and minds of the people.

It turns out that isn't necessarily true. It's often true, but not always by any means. Because, by changing behavior, you can change the way people think.

You must have found this to be true. You thought a certain thing. Then out of necessity or lack of money, or because you had to, you adopted new behaviors. Then you find yourself thinking differently.

When I had a car, I never took public transportation here in Philadelphia. After considerable thought and analysis of the role of that car in my life and in my finances, I determined it was too expensive, i.e. costing me $300 + per month to park it and insure it + the cost of registration, gas and oil, repair, etc. My real estate practice had changed, so I was only driving it maybe 1 day a week.

So I sold it and put the money in a CD. Now it's earning me a little bit of interest every month instead of costing me >$300 per month. Now I love the mass transportation in Philly.

It's true.

My goal here is to bring out more skilled entrepreneurs. How am I doing? What do you think of this? Any comments?

Entrepreneurship is the life's blood of all my professional activities. It makes them go. It informs my connection strategy.

It makes Your Stop for Real Estate, my real estate referral business, go. See www.yourstopforrealestate.blogspot.com.

It powers my writing. Go to www.timswritingblog.blogspot.com for my ideas on writing and publishing and read my mystery for free at wwww.kearneymusicschoolmurders.blogspot.com or buy it from Amazon.com more cheaply than you can print it out.

It fuels my publishing enterprise, By and for Writersgo. See www.byandforwriters.blogspot.com where you can get a poem or a short story published.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home