Entrepreneurship on Line

Aiming for skilled entrepreneurs.

Saturday, December 26, 2009

Covey on Building Trust Accounts

M.L. Covey, in The Speed of Trust (2006), on whom I've been drawing extensively lists six points about building trust accounts. They come from pp. 130-132:
1. "Each Trust Account is Unique. There is a great deal of difference in the account I have with my three-year-old daughter and the one I have with my nineteen-year-old son."

2. "All deposits and withdrawals are not created equal. Often the little things can be disproportionately large."

3. "What constitutes a 'deposit' to one person may not to another."

4. "Withdrawals are typically larger than deposits. As Warren Buffett has said, 'It takes twenty years to build a reputation and five minutes to ruin it."

5. "Sometimes the fastest way to build trust is to stop making withdrawals."

6. "Recognize that each relationship has two trust accounts. The way you perceive the amount of trust in a relationship and the way the other person perceives it may be different."
I would add here that a trust account is like a gas tank, in that if you don't continually fill up your tank, i.e. make deposits, your trust will become depleted.

My goal here is to bring out more skilled entrepreneurs. How am I doing? What do you think of this? Any comments?

Entrepreneurship is the life's blood of all my professional activities. It makes them go. It informs my connection strategy.

It makes Your Stop for Real Estate, my real estate referral business, go. See www.yourstopforrealestate.blogspot.com.

It powers my writing. Go to www.timswritingblog.blogspot.com for my ideas on writing and publishing and read my mystery for free at wwww.kearneymusicschoolmurders.blogspot.com or buy it from Amazon.com more cheaply than you can print it out.

It fuels my publishing enterprise, By and for Writersgo. See www.byandforwriters.blogspot.com where you can get a poem or a short story published.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home