Entrepreneurship on Line

Aiming for skilled entrepreneurs.

Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Michael Gerber's Business Development Program, Step 5: Your People Strategy

Step 5 in Gerber's program is your people strategy, starting on p. 197.

Here, on p. 201, is an important thing to remember: You manage people by making sure that they understand "the idea behind the work they're being asked to do," and you make it clear that "the idea behind the work [is] more important than the work itself."

I've never worked in a place where I was just told what to do, but I can imagine the scenario Gerber lays out, where employees are just told what to do. There's no respect for the employee, just what the bosses want.

More on this tomorrow.

What do you think of this? The goal is to produce more skilled entrepreneurs. Does this help? Tell me. Post a comment. I'd like to know. And follow me on Twitter.com

Entrepreneurship informs all of my professional activities. Entrepreneurial ideas are their life's blood. For my ideas on entrepreneurial real estate go to www.yourstopforrealestate.com/blog and for my ideas on writing and publishing, go to www.kearneymusicschoolmurders.blogspot.com.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home