Entrepreneurship on Line

Aiming for skilled entrepreneurs.

Thursday, May 7, 2009

Under Michael Gerber's Second Standard: An Opportunity Worth Pursuing

Under Michael Gerber's second standard of your strategic objective, you should ask what kind of business you're in. See pp. 153-154:
The product is what your customer feels as he walks out of your business. What he feels about your business, not what he feels about the commodity. Understanding the difference between the two is what creating a great business is all about.
This is another way of saying, "It's the customer, stupid."

Now since Gerber wrote this, the Internet has become big. So, people are buying on line more often, not just going into physical stores. But so what? How do people come away from your website? Mine right now is pretty crappy, because I'm not sure what I want it to be when it grows up. I have some ideas though, and I'm going to fix it pretty soon. I'm not even certain I'm going to keep it.

What do you think of this? The goal is to produce more skilled entrepreneurs. Does this help? Tell me. Post a comment. I'd like to know. And follow me on Twitter.com

Entrepreneurship informs all of my professional activities. Entrepreneurial ideas are their life's blood. For my ideas on entrepreneurial real estate go to www.yourstopforrealestate.com/blog and for my ideas on writing and publishing, go to www.kearneymusicschoolmurders.blogspot.com.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home