Entrepreneurship on Line

Aiming for skilled entrepreneurs.

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Covey

On pages 19-20, of The Speed of Trust. The One Thing that Changes Everything (New York: Free Press, 2006), Covey posits that
S X E = R, where S=Strategy, E=Execution, and R=Result. (Results equal strategy time execution.)
"But," Covey goes on to say, "there is a hidden variable to this formula: trust--either the low-trust tax which discounts the output, or the high-trust dividend which multiplies it: S X E +/- T = R, where T = Trust. ([Strategy times Execution] +/- Trust equals Result.

He works out a nice little chart which shows how this work. There's an error in the original one, but the sense is correct. Go to p. 20 of the book and see if you can find it. I've altered it a little.

Assuming that both strategy and execution are rated at 10 (best), and trust is low (40%) the result is 60 (10 x 10 - .40 = 60). But if there's more trust, say only a 10%discount, the result is 90. And if trust is high, say 140%, the result is 140.

Despite the math, I'm sure you can see the point. I'd like somebody to actually measure trust in terms of, for every $1 of transaction, trust amounts for $x?

Entrepreneurship is the life's blood of all my professional activities. It makes them go. It informs my connection strategy. For my ideas on connection strategy, go to my new blog www.Connecting.blogspot.com.

It makes Your Stop for Real Estate , my real estate referral business, go. See www.yourstopforrealestate.blogspot.com.

It powers my writing. Go to www.kearneymusicschoolmurders.blogspot.com for my ideas on writing and where you can read my mystery for free, download it for free or buy it from Amazon.com more cheaply than you can print it.

It fuels my publishing enterprise, By and for Writersgo. See www.byandforwriters.blogspot.com where you can get a poem or a short story published.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home