Entrepreneurship on Line

Aiming for skilled entrepreneurs.

Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Covey on Integrity

Covey gives four components of Integrity: honesty, congruence, humility, and courage. See The Speed of Trust. The One Thing that Changes Everything. (New York: Free Press, 2006). pp. 62-66
Honesty includes not only the truth, leaving the right impression. It's possible to tell the truth, but leave the wrong impression. And that's not being honest.
He then goes on to quote Einstein, the E=MC squared guy:
Whoever is careless with the truth in small matters cannot be trusted with important matters.
Whether or not you out and out don't trust him or get kind of suspicious that he might not be trustworthy, his point is taken.

I know when I see a little thing wrong in a book or article, I start to doubt all of it. After all, if there was a mistake in what I do know about, what is wrong with what I don't know about? I know others operate in the same way.

If I had a colleague whom I knew had not been honest in some things ask me to trust him on a big thing, I would have a sit down with that person, sort of a "why should I trust you?" kind of a discussion.

More on Covey next time.

Entrepreneurship is the life's blood of all my professional activities. It makes them go. It informs my connection strategy. For my ideas on connection strategy, go to my new blog www.Connecting.blogspot.com.

It makes Your Stop for Real Estate , my real estate referral business, go. See www.yourstopforrealestate.blogspot.com.

It powers my writing. Go to www.kearneymusicschoolmurders.blogspot.com for my ideas on writing and where you can read my mystery for free, download it for free or buy it from Amazon.com more cheaply than you can print it.

It fuels my publishing enterprise, By and for Writersgo. See www.byandforwriters.blogspot.com where you can get a poem or a short story published.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home