Entrepreneurship on Line

Aiming for skilled entrepreneurs.

Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Covey on Behavior

Covey's third component of intent, behavior, is discussed on pp. 81-83 of The Speed of Trust. The One Thing that Changes Everything. (New York: Free Press, 2006). He already talked about motive and intent. Now it's focus on what you do.

Behavior is what you do. People judge you by what you do not just what you say. If you say you'll be there at 3:00 PM and show up at 3:30 consistently, people factor that into trust account when they evaluate you. Covey says, "The behavior that best creates credibility and inspires trust is acting in the best interest of others."

Who would you trust more, Mother Teresa or Joseph Stalin.

If you say you care about your employees or your coworkers, but your behavior doesn't line up with your statements, forget it.

My goal here is to bring out more skilled entrepreneurs. How am I doing?"

Entrepreneurship is the life's blood of all my professional activities. It makes them go. It informs my connection strategy. For my ideas on connection strategy, go to my new blog www.Connecting.blogspot.com.

It makes Your Stop for Real Estate, my real estate referral business, go. See www.yourstopforrealestate.blogspot.com.

It powers my writing. Go to www.kearneymusicschoolmurders.blogspot.com for my ideas on writing and where you can read my mystery for free, download it for free or buy it from Amazon.com more cheaply than you can print it.

It fuels my publishing enterprise, By and for Writersgo. See www.byandforwriters.blogspot.com where you can get a poem or a short story published.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home