Entrepreneurship on Line

Aiming for skilled entrepreneurs.

Friday, September 11, 2009

Integrity Accelerators

Covey, pp. 66-72 of The Speed of Trust; The One Thing That Changes Everything (New York: The Free Press, 2006), gives us three "integrity 'accelerators'" which, if we fail the tests prescribed earlier, can help us act with more integrity.
Here are are:

1. Make and keep commitments to yourself.

2. Stand for something.

3. Be open.
The first one is a good way to restore your ability to trust, if you're having trouble trusting others. Start with yourself. Make a promise to yourself and then keep it. Sort of, "For the next week, I'm going to quit work by 5:00 every night." Then go a week and see how you came out. If you flubbed your rub, go more basic: Today I'm going to quit by 5:00. Then when you do it, you say, 'Well boss wants me to go to this meeting at 6:00, so I have to do that, but Wednesday I'll quit by 5:00." Then see how you do. Treat yourself as an experiment.

As you build up significantly more passes than fails, you'll be able to trust yourself and you can go on to work with your behavior regarding others.

The point of all of this is to create more skilled entrepreneurs. Is it working?

Entrepreneurship is the life's blood of all my professional activities. It makes them go. It informs my connection strategy. For my ideas on connection strategy, go to my new blog www.Connecting.blogspot.com.

It makes Your Stop for Real Estate, my real estate referral business, go. See www.yourstopforrealestate.blogspot.com.

It powers my writing. Go to www.kearneymusicschoolmurders.blogspot.com for my ideas on writing and where you can read my mystery for free, download it for free or buy it from Amazon.com more cheaply than you can print it.

It fuels my publishing enterprise, By and for Writersgo. See www.byandforwriters.blogspot.com where you can get a poem or a short story published.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home