Entrepreneurship on Line

Aiming for skilled entrepreneurs.

Friday, September 25, 2009

Covey on Motive

Covey, on p. 78 of The Speed of Trust. The One Thing that Changes Everything. (New York: Free Press, 2006), gives three components of Intent: Motive, Agenda, and Behavior. We already talked about Agenda--I got ahead of myself. So, let's back up on step and talk about Motive.

Covey says, "Motive is your reason for doing something. It's the 'why' that motivates the 'what.'"

Caring is the motive that puts people in your camp. We're pretty suspicious of people who act like they care. We see examples of all the time. Companies that rename customer service people "Customer Care Agent." We get bulk mail addressed to "Dear Valued Customer." He hear corporate tag lines that say "We care about you" when they don't even know you.

So we get jaundiced when people's statements aren't consistently manifested in their behavior. Still you have to show you care not just say you care. People will pick up on right away. Your motive has to be that you care.

Entrepreneurship is the life's blood of all my professional activities. It makes them go. It informs my connection strategy. For my ideas on connection strategy, go to my new blog www.Connecting.blogspot.com.

It makes Your Stop for Real Estate, my real estate referral business, go. See www.yourstopforrealestate.blogspot.com.

It powers my writing. Go to www.kearneymusicschoolmurders.blogspot.com for my ideas on writing and where you can read my mystery for free, download it for free or buy it from Amazon.com more cheaply than you can print it.

It fuels my publishing enterprise, By and for Writersgo. See www.byandforwriters.blogspot.com where you can get a poem or a short story published.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home