Entrepreneurship on Line

Aiming for skilled entrepreneurs.

Friday, October 2, 2009

More on Intent

Working from Covey's comments, pp. 84-90, of The Speed of Trust. The One Thing That Changes Everything (New York: Free Press, 2006) there are three things to do if we want to improve our intent, that is make our intentions more in line with who we are as a person.

1. Examine and refine your motives (p. 85ff). Look in the mirror, think about what you're doing. If you're not sure about things, ask others who know you and will give you an honest opninon. Covey gives a number of "soul searching" questions, and you would be wise to look at them.

2. Declare your intent (p. 87ff). Put it out in the open where you committ yourself to it. Saying to yourself your intention is X where others can hear it and remember you said it gives you extra motivation, because you really do want to change and you want to show others that you have. Otherwise you look like a fool.

3. Choose abundance (p. 88ff). Here's what Covey says about it:
Abundance means that there is enough for everybody. The opposite--scarcity--says there is only so much to go around, and if you get it, I won't.
Which means that if you choose abundance you're looking at what everybody can have.

My goal here is to bring out more skilled entrepreneurs. How am I doing?"

Entrepreneurship is the life's blood of all my professional activities. It makes them go. It informs my connection strategy. For my ideas on connection strategy, go to my new blog www.Connecting.blogspot.com.

It makes Your Stop for Real Estate, my real estate referral business, go. See www.yourstopforrealestate.blogspot.com.

It powers my writing. Go to www.kearneymusicschoolmurders.blogspot.com for my ideas on writing and where you can read my mystery for free, download it for free or buy it from Amazon.com more cheaply than you can print it.

It fuels my publishing enterprise, By and for Writersgo. See www.byandforwriters.blogspot.com where you can get a poem or a short story published.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home