Entrepreneurship on Line

Aiming for skilled entrepreneurs.

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Behavior that Builds or Maintains Trust #9: Clarify Expectations

Covey (2006, p.199) says, "Disclose and reveal expectations. Discuss them. Validate them. Renegotiate them if needed and possible. Don't assume that expectations are clear or far behind."

Covey bases his rule on the principles of "clarity, responsibility, and accountability. The alternative (p. 193) is to leave expectations undefined. The "counterfeit" of this is "to create 'smoke and mirrors'--to give lip service to clarifying expectations, but fail to pin down the specifics...that facilitate meaningful accountability."

The point is not to do these things in order to give the appearance of being trustworthy. The point is to acting this way encourages others to trust you. They don't see you sneaking around behind their backs.

My goal here is to bring out more skilled entrepreneurs. How am I doing? What do you think of this? Any comments?

Entrepreneurship is the life's blood of all my professional activities. It makes them go. It informs my connection strategy.

It makes Your Stop for Real Estate, my real estate referral business, go. See www.yourstopforrealestate.blogspot.com.

It powers my writing. Go to www.timswritingblog.blogspot.com for my ideas on writing and publishing and read my mystery for free at wwww.kearneymusicschoolmurders.blogspot.com or buy it from Amazon.com more cheaply than you can print it out.

It fuels my publishing enterprise, By and for Writersgo. See www.byandforwriters.blogspot.com where you can get a poem or a short story published.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home