Entrepreneurship on Line

Aiming for skilled entrepreneurs.

Saturday, February 13, 2010

Quantify Everything

Covey (2006, p. 197) says, "Quantify everything: What Result? By whom? By when? At what cost? How will we measure it? How will we know when we have accomplished it? And when and to whom is the accountability--both in terms of benchmarks and end results?"

On this point, we have agreement with Michael Gerber says in The E-myth Revisited; Why Most Small Businesses Don't Work and What to Do About It. (New York: Harper Business, 1995). Quantification is one of "three distinct activities" that help you build your business. He says, "On it's own, Innovation leads nowhere. To be at all effective, all Innovations need to be quantified. Without Quantification, how would you know whether the Innovation worked? By Quantification, I'm talking about the numbers related to the impact an Innovation makes." (p. 122).

The point is you don't know what to expect if you can't measure your world. Not that you have to stick to numbers. But they can tell you a lot. You can use them to learn what is reasonable to expect and what you have to do to achieve your goals.

My goal here is to help entrepreneurs climb all the way to the top. How am I doing?

Entrepreneurship is the life's blood of all my professional activities. It makes them go. It informs my connection strategy.

It makes Your Stop for Real Estate, my real estate referral business, go. See www.yourstopforrealestate.blogspot.com.

It powers my writing. Go to www.timswritingblog.blogspot.com for my ideas on writing and publishing and read my mystery for free at wwww.kearneymusicschoolmurders.blogspot.com or buy it from Amazon.com more cheaply than you can print it out.

It fuels my publishing enterprise, By and for Writersgo. See www.byandforwriters.blogspot.com where you can get a poem or a short story published.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home