Entrepreneurship on Line

Aiming for skilled entrepreneurs.

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Quality, Speed, Cost

Covey (2006, p. 197) also says, "In most circumstances, it's wise to look at three-variables--quality, speed, and cost--and realize that you can usually pick any two, but not all three." What he is saying is:

First, quality and cost are positively related. Increase one and the other goes up too. Decrease cost and quality goes down. With the understanding that if you increase cost, quality doesn't necessarily go up.

Second, quality and speed are negatively related: increase on and the other decreases. Higher quality usually takes longer; lower quality can be had faster.

Third, speed and cost are negatively related: one goes up the other down, one goes down the other up. Lower cost can be had faster; higher speed means lower cost usually.

This is not always true in every situation, but Covey gives us a language in which we can talk about these three key variables.

My goal here is to help entrepreneurs climb all the way to the top. How am I doing?

Entrepreneurship is the life's blood of all my professional activities. It makes them go. It informs my connection strategy.

It makes Sherpa Real Estate , my real estate referral business, go. See www.yourstopforrealestate.blogspot.com.

It powers my Sherpa Literary. Go to www.timswritingblog.blogspot.com for my ideas on writing and publishing and read my mystery for free at wwww.kearneymusicschoolmurders.blogspot.com or buy it from Amazon.com more cheaply than you can print it out.

It fuels my publishing enterprise, By and for Writersgo. See www.byandforwriters.blogspot.com where you can get a poem or a short story published.
Dey

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home